We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our team who will be able to help us build, analyse and model the different data solutions that we offer our clients. Working with us you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop your career by working directly with clients of all sizes and across a range of different sectors.
Key Skills & Interests
From a technical standpoint we’re looking for someone who has a minimum of 3 years experienced using Python to transform, analyse and model data. You should be comfortable moving data from ftp sites to databases, implementing machine learning algorithms, working with APIs and writing code to scrape data from the web. We also use SQL a lot (SQL Server and Google Big Query), so any experience in building databases and analysing data using SQL will stand you in good stead.
From the commercial side, it’ll also help if you have an interest in some of our analytical areas such as pricing, financial analysis, geo-mapping, IOT, travel or retail analytics. You can find out more about what we do at align-alytics.com. Also check out one of our open source projects, http://dimplejs.org/ which gives a sense of the types of projects you may work on.
Day to Day Work
- Analysing data for insights using a range of tools such as Python, SQL, Google Cloud Analytics, BigQuery, ElasticSearch or Excel.
- Manipulating, cleaning and combining data so that it can be used in our applications.
- Developing machine learning algorithms that can be used in our solutions.
- Using creativity and persistence to overcome apparent “roadblocks”
- Presenting the results to the client in a compelling and “non-technical” way
- Working as part of a small team, often to tight client deadlines
- If relevant, converting a one-off analysis into an ongoing repeatable and efficient process
So, what can you expect in return?
We have a friendly diverse team that is innovative, technically skilled, highly motivated, and fun. You’ll get to experiment and learn new cutting-edge technologies. We work hard, we have a great time doing it, and we take work-life balance seriously.
We offer a competitive salary and a bonus scheme linked closely to individual performance.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com