We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our team who will be able to help us build, analyse and model the different data solutions that we offer our clients. The role will be focused on developing a range of analytical products for the travel industry. Working with us you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop your career by working directly with clients of all sizes and across a range of different sectors.
Key Skills & Interests
From a technical standpoint we’re looking for someone who has a minimum of 2 years experienced using SQL languages to transform, analyse and model data. Familiarity with GCP and BigQuery is preferable. You should be comfortable moving data from ftp sites to databases, developing and managing large scale analytical processes and visualising complex data in easy to consume ways. We also use Elastic Search, Python, D3 and more, so any experience in these areas will stand you in good stead.
From the commercial side, it’ll also help if you have an interest in some of our analytical areas such as pricing, geo-mapping, forecasting or revenue management. As a small company innovation is key to what we do, and we are looking for a candidate who can contribute across many areas of the business. You can find out more about what we do at align-alytics.com. Also check out one of our open source projects, http://dimplejs.org/ which gives a sense of the types of projects you may work on.
Day to Day Work
- Analysing data for insights using a range of tools & languages such as BigQuery, Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python, ElasticSearch and Excel.
- Gathering project requirements from clients/stakeholders, suggesting improvements to processes and translating them into ongoing reporting solutions.
- Manipulating, cleaning and combining data so that it can be used in our applications.
- Developing multi step analytical processes over large datasets
- Managing large scale analytical processes to ensure ongoing accuracy and performance
- Converting one-off analysis into an ongoing repeatable and efficient process
- Using creativity and persistence to overcome apparent “roadblocks”
- Presenting results to clients/stakeholders in a compelling and “non-technical” way
- Working as part of a small team, often to tight client deadlines
So, what can you expect in return?
We have a friendly & diverse team that is innovative, technically skilled, highly motivated, and fun. You’ll get to experiment and learn new cutting-edge technologies.
We work hard, we have a great time doing it, and we take work-life balance seriously.
We offer a competitive salary and a bonus scheme linked closely to individual performance.
Please send your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com