We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our team who will be able to help us build, analyse and model the different data solutions that we offer our clients. Working with us you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop your career by working directly with clients of all sizes and across a range of different sectors.
Key Skills & Interests
From a technical standpoint we’re looking for someone who has 3 years’ experience using SQL to analyse data and also build robust databases (we generally use SQL Server and Google Big Query). We also use Python when it comes to modelling and machine learning, so experience in this language will stand you in good stead. Finally, any exposure to ETL packages such as SSIS is also helpful.
From the commercial side, it’ll also help if you have an interest in some of our analytical areas such as pricing, financial analysis, geo-mapping, IOT, or retail analytics. You can find out more about what we do at align-alytics.com. Also check out one of our open source projects, http://dimplejs.org/ which gives a sense of the types of projects you may work on.
Day to Day Work
- Analysing data for insights using a range of tools such as SQL, Google Cloud Analytics, BigQuery, ElasticSearch, Python or Excel.
- Manipulating, cleaning and combining data so that it can be used in our applications.
- Developing machine learning algorithms that can be used in our solutions.
- Using creativity and persistence to overcome apparent “roadblocks”
- Presenting the results to the client in a compelling and “non-technical” way
- Working as part of a small team, often to tight client deadlines
- If relevant, converting a one-off analysis into an ongoing repeatable and efficient process
So, what can you expect in return?
We have a friendly & diverse team that is innovative, technically skilled, highly motivated, and fun. You’ll get to experiment and learn new cutting-edge technologies. We work hard, we have a great time doing it, and we take work-life balance seriously.
We offer a competitive salary and a bonus scheme linked closely to individual performance.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com